MyLGHealth Terms & Conditions
<< Back To Homepage
Lancaster General Health ("LG Health") is pleased to offer you the capability of a patient portal called MyLGHealth. MyLGHealth allows patients of LG Health physician services and Community Connect affiliated practices to gain access to parts of their medical record and communicate with their physician office online. Access to the MyLGHealth system is contingent upon your total agreement to the terms and conditions detailed here.
It is important for you to know how LG Health handles information communicated via the Internet. This Terms & Conditions statement outlines LG Health’s practices regarding your right to privacy, as well as specific information about how the MyLGHealth system differs from other websites you might use. LG Health reserves the right to revoke your access to MyLGHealth at any time for any reason.
- You understand that MyLGHealth is NOT to be used in an emergency situation.
- You understand that MyLGHealth is intended as a secure online source of confidential medical information. If you share your MyLGHealth ID and password with another person, that person may be able to view your information or the health information of someone who has authorized you as a Proxy.
- You agree that it is your responsibility to select a confidential password, to maintain your password in a secure manner, and to change your password if you believe it may have been compromised in any way.
- You understand that LG Health may use a secure 3rd-party service third party to confirm your identity. You may be required to answer security questions to confirm your identity. These questions are provided by a secure 3rd-party service that has direct access to various public information sources (appraisal districts, bureaus of vital statistics, county records, etc.). The content of these questions is publicly available and can be retrieved legally by any requesting party. The subject matter typically relates to property ownership and family relationships. These are "top of mind" questions, meaning that a person whose identity is being validated should be able to correctly answer from his/her own memory. The presentation of questions and your responses to them are all secured with 128-bit encryption.
- You understand that MyLGHealth contains select medical information from your medical record and that MyLGHealth does not reflect the complete contents of the medical record. You also understand that a paper copy of your medical record may be requested from your physician office.
- You understand that MyLGHealth is not guaranteed to be available; system unavailability may occur at any time.
- You understand that your activities within MyLGHealth may be tracked by computer audit and that entries you make may become part of your medical record.
- You understand that access to MyLGHealth is provided by LG Health as a convenience to its patients and LG Health has the right to deactivate your access to MyLGHealth at any time for any reason. You understand that use of MyLGHealth is voluntary and you are not required to use MyLGHealth or to authorize proxy access.
- You understand the capabilities within the MyLGHealth system may change, based on patient feedback or other factors. Notices may be posted on the MyLGHealth login screen indicting major changes to the system; you may also receive an e-mail containing details regarding a system change.
- You understand that in order for you to use MyLGHealth, an Internet connection and e-mail address are required. E-mail addresses can be acquired at no charge from a number of websites such as www.yahoo.com and www.gmail.com.
- Malicious software, often referred to as "spyware," "adware," "malware," or "viruses" may compromise the security of the connection between your computer and the MyLGHealth server. You should take reasonable precautions to ensure any computer accessing the MyLGHealth server is free of such software. This may be accomplished by installing security software to detect malicious software, or taking other steps to safeguard the security of the computer as instructed by a computer specialist.
Response to Electronic Communication
Your physician office will make its best effort to provide a timely response to electronic inquiries. In some cases, the physician office staff that responds to an electronic inquiry or other communication may not be immediately available, so you should allow at least two (2) business days (Monday-Friday) for a response. Accordingly, emergency situations requiring immediate attention should not be submitted electronically; if you are experiencing an emergency medical situation, please dial 9-1-1 for help.
Furthermore, with respect to any electronic communications sent by you, your physician office is only able to respond to such communications based on the information provided by you. If there is insufficient information provided, your physician office will be unable to provide accurate and reliable services. It is at the sole discretion of the physician office to request you schedule an office visit, as opposed to discussing medical information electronically.
Web Site Links
MyLGHealth may offer links to related medical Web sites not managed by LG Health. These Web site link(s) are for your informational purposes only. LG Health does not endorse and has not verified the accuracy of the information in/on these Web sites, and you should not rely on any of the information found on the Web sites for purposes of treatment or diagnosis.
An individual must be age 18 or older to request a personal account. Parents or guardians of minor children may request access to their minor child's account by following the terms outlined in the "Proxy Access" section of this Terms and Conditions statement. Minor children up to and including the age of 17 will not be eligible to participate in the full spectrum of MyLGHealth services. Under State and Federal law, there are certain types of medical information that the parent or guardian of a minor patient may not view without consent of the minor. Because of these requirements, LG Health cannot offer the full spectrum of services to parents of minors in this age category. Thus, when a minor reaches age 12, restrictions will be placed on MyLGHealth access until the minor reaches age 18.
Individuals age 18 or older may request proxy access to another individual’s MyLGHealth account by completing the Proxy Access portion of the MyLGHealth Consent Form and submitting it to the physician office of the patient whose records you wish to have proxy access. Such access will only be granted to parents of minors and others with legal authority to access the records being sought. Only one person will be granted proxy access to a MyLGHealth account. A MyLGHealth account will be activated for both the proxy and the account holder. If the proxy’s legal relationship with the account holder changes, the proxy must inform the physician office immediately. LG Health reserves the right to revoke proxy access at any time for any reason.
You will be notified via e-mail when there is new medical information to be viewed in your MyLGHealth account. This means that any person with access to your e-mail will be able to see this notification. Although no private medical information will be sent via e-mail
, the notification that new medical information is available may be information that you would not want others to know. Thus, you should take this into account when providing an e-mail address.
Please know that if you send an e-mail communication via MyLGHealth, it may be shared with the physician office staff that assists the physician in providing your medical care. Your confidential medical information on MyLGHealth will be accessible only to appropriate clinical staff in the course of your care.
LG Health may use the information that we’ve collected in our database to promote health and wellness topics that may pertain to your interests. You can choose to opt-out from receiving these email communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the emails, call 717-544-4129, or email us at email@example.com
to get your email address removed from the list. Unsubscribing from health and wellness promotional emails will not unsubscribe you from receiving notifications regarding new medical information, such as test results, in your MyLGHealth account.
Security and Confidentiality
LG Health is committed to protecting the confidentiality of your medical information. LG Health limits physician office staff’s access and ability to enter or view information based upon their role in your care. Firewalls, passwords, encryption, and audit trails are further used to safeguard your information. LG Health shall identify the records released and note the time and date of access each time you access MyLGHealth. LG Health has taken steps to make all information received from its online visitors as secure as possible against unauthorized access and use.
MyLGHealth must be accessed with a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) compatible browser or terminal (Internet Explorer versions 5.0 or greater). LG Health’s SSL web server uses authentication and offers the highest level of encryption technology commercially available (128-bit RC4).
You can tell when you are securely connected to the web server by looking at the location (URL) field. If the URL begins with https:// (instead of http://), the document comes from a secure server. This means your data is encrypted, and is not easily deciphered by unauthorized parties. You can tell whether you are truly connected to LG Health by viewing the digital certificate. This certificate verifies the connection between the LG Health server's public key and the server's identification.
User names and passwords provide two layers of authentication and are stored in an encrypted database that is isolated from the Internet. As a MyLGHealth user, your role in maintaining the security of your medical information is: 1) Changing your password on a regular basis, and 2) Keeping your login ID and password confidential. It is important to ensure the password you select is easy for you to remember, but difficult for someone else to guess. DO NOT USE your birth date, social security number, address, telephone number, names of spouses, children, family members, pets, or any other easily guessed information. Your password must be "strong" in that it must be at least 8 characters in length, and contain at least one number. It is recommended you change your password on a regular basis.
Third Party Authentication
LG Health engages a 3rd-party vendor to identify and authenticate new users ofMyLGHealth. You may be required to answer questions to confirm your identity. These questions are provided by a secure 3rd-party service that has direct access to various public information sources (appraisal districts, bureaus of vital statistics, county records, etc.). The content of these questions is publicly available and can be retrieved legally by any requesting party. The subject matter typically relates to property ownership and family relationships. These are "top of mind" questions, meaning that a person whose identity is being validated should be able to correctly answer from their own memory. The presentation of questions and your responses to them are all secured with 128-bit encryption.
Support for this system will be provided by accessing "Frequently Asked Question" or "Help" throughout MyLGHealth. You may also send a "customer service" message in the MyLGHealth system or by sending an e-mail to MyLGHealthSupport@lghealth.org
or by calling 717-544-2860. Upon contacting support by any of these means, a support person will make every effort to contact you within two (2) or fewer business days (Monday-Friday).
LG Health provides this information as reference and an example of free e-mail services, and does not endorse any website or company/entity for e-mail provision. You are free to use the e-mail address and Internet provider of their choice.